What To Do With My Life
Have you ever ask yourself this question – “What to do with my life?”
Today is the 14th January 2016. It is normal for people to think about what to do with the coming of a new year, think about what we want to do or what we want to achieve.
Most of us never follow up on our New Year Resolution. We decide on a goal at the beginning of the year, within few weeks, and we will totally forget about it very quickly.
My sister and my brother-in-law came to visit our family at Christmas time. We were talking about setting a goal at lunch time one day.
“What do you want to do if you have a lot of money?” My brother-in-law asked my nineteen-year-old son.
“I would like to travel and see the world,” replied my son.
I think many of us like to do the same, who wouldn’t want to travel and see the world when we are young? As a matter of fact, we don’t really need to be a millionaire to achieve this dream. Nowadays, there are many people who can make money on the internet. They can work anywhere, anytime as long as there are a laptop and an internet connection.
This option wasn’t available twenty years ago. Some young kids, even as young as fourteen, are able to build an online business and be their own boss. Many of them made millions with the help of the internet when they have a good business idea.
Here is a website you might be interested:-
I am not telling you that you need to have “making money” as your goal. All I want to say is when we have a goal then we would be able to achieve it. We could never ignore the importance of goal setting if you want to achieve something.
We don’t need a New Year Resolution every year, but we need to have a life goal. Do you have a life goal? If you don’t, it probably is the time that you do. No matter how old you are, you could still have a new goal.
Making a life goal is not an easy task. Therefore, many people don’t have one. We need a life goal as a ship sailing in the sea needs a destination. Why is it hard to have a life goal? Because it takes effort to find out who you really are and what you really like.
We like to follow other people and do what they do, but at the end, it might not be what we wanted. What is popular doesn’t mean that it is suitable for everyone. So don’t be afraid to be different.
“How do you go from where you are to where you wanna be? And I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal. And you have to be willing to work for it.” – Jim Valvano.
Here is a video I would like to show you. It has part 1 and part 2.
Part 1 – How to Set and Achieve any goal you have in your life.
What do you think about this video? Do you like it?
Setting a goal is difficult, but work hard to attain your goal is even harder. That is why most people don’t succeed for this same reason. I hope you can follow the advice in the video and be able to achieve your goal. So watch this video a few more times if you don’t understand, and get a piece of paper to write down your goal. Take notes on all the necessary actions that you need to take to succeed.
Now I want to tell you the goals I made when I was seventeen years old. I think I have achieved it already.
My goal is to be happy in my life and keep learning all there is to learn about being a human being. What is the meaning of life?
I have read many books. I keep learning all the time. The most important thing is I make myself happy all the time. I seldom let external factors affect my happiness.
To live a happy life, here is a list of things that I do:-
- Not materialistic.
- Give love and help anyone who needs your help, and doesn’t expect anything in return.
- Do not put a condition on anything – like if the weather is good, I feel good. Or when I get respect from someone, I feel good. Hence, whatever happens, it will not affect your mood.
- Do not put a condition on others – like you are my wife, you have to behave in a certain way. Or you are my friend, you should do this for me. Hence, you will not be upset by others.
- Look in the heart of others, not their appearances.
- Keep learning new knowledge. Especially on “how to be a good person?” and “how to love other people?”
- Be generous and not selfish.
- Have contentment on everything – what you have and what you do. Therefore, you won’t have failures, just lessons.
- Live a simple life and love nature.
- Do exercise
- No over-eating.
- Keep a peace of mind at all times.
To learn the meaning of life, this is what I do:-
- Read all kinds of books, including the Bible.
- Watch lots of Youtube videos.
- Do a lot of thinking.
- Listen to others, young and old.
- Do meditation.
- Watch lots of movies.
- Look with my eyes and my mind.
- Learn to enjoy simple things in life.
What is your life goal? Could you leave me a comment below?