How To Stop Procrastinating?
Firstly, what is procrastination?
If you don’t know, here is the definition according to the dictionary.
Other tools which help stop procrastinating
- Take baby steps – break down the tasks into smaller steps. The feeling of overwhelmed often stop us from taking action.
- Ask for help – ask someone to help you with the task, or ask someone to do the task for you. Either way, it will be done at the end.
- Remind yourself the benefit or the reward on achieving the goal.
- Learn the rule of “do the hardest thing first” – when you do the hardest thing first, the rest will be easy.
- Tell yourself that it is not difficult – work on your mind and change your thinking.
- Learn how to do things in a relaxing way – like listening to music or singing your favourite song.
- Buy these books below and learn more ways to stop procrastinating.
Procrastination – the reasons why?
Procrastination is often a habit. The only way to eliminate a bad habit is to replace it with a good habit. To build a good habit needs consistent actions.
Are you a NATO member? – No Action, Talk Only.
Some people are afraid of hard work. Breaking down a large job into small jobs will make it easier. You should work on how to remove your irrational fear. Why do you have fear when hard work doesn’t kill you?
Prioritise your work
Some people make the excuse – I am too busy. I don’t have time to work on my goal. Which is just an excuse.
You need to understand what is important and what is urgent. Urgent work are often not important and it might not need to be done at all. Make time for your important goal everyday and build a bright future for yourself and people you love.
Why is it so important to rid of your procrastination? I know you have heard this, time is money. Also, we only have a limited amount of time one’s life. Would you want to waste your life?
“Short as life is, we make it still shorter by careless waste of time.” – Victor Hugo